Anseong Namsadang Baudeogi Festival
October (Every Year)
198, Namsadang-ro, Anseong-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 안성시 보개면 남사당로 198 (보개면)
Anseongmatchum Land & downtown Anseong
Anseong was the birth place of namsadang (troupes of entertainers who traveled around the country during the Joseon Period) and the hub of Korean art and culture. Namsadang Baudeogi Festival was started in 2001 to develop and continue the heritage of the artistic spirit of Baudeogi. The festival also became designated as the official festival of UNESCO’s CIOFF (International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts) in 2006. Official events include Baudeogi Memorial Ceremony, gilnori parade (street parade), eve-ceremony, opening ceremony, closing ceremony, and 7090 concert. Permanent programs include Baudeogi Festival’s main performance, Autumn 4 Color Concert, overseas folk performance, forest imagination playground, Namsadang performance, Taepyeongmu / Anseong Hyangdangmu Dance, traditional wedding ceremony, Namsadang puppet performance, Anseong Machum Land-related events, and other events.
– Memorial Ceremony, Street Parade, Opening Eve Event
– Opening & Closing Ceremonies
– 7090 Concert, etc.
– Namsadang Baudeogi Performance
– Autumn Evening Concert
– Global Folk Performance속공연
– Traditional Wedding Ceremony
– Namsadang Puppet Show, etc.
– School Music Festival
– Fashion Show & Clothing Exhibition (Korea Polytechnics)
– Citizens’ Fringe Show
– Digital Folk Music Performance
– Camping Zone
– Symposium, etc.
– Traditional Folk Game Experience
– Multicultural Experience
– Livestock & Agriculture Experience
– Soap Bubble Experience
– Hands-on Craft Experience, etc.