USAG – Humphreys

2017-04-07 12.35.54

Camp Humphreys (Korean: 캠프 험프리스), also known as United States Army Garrison-Humphreys (USAG-H), is a United States Army garrison located near Anjeong-ri and Pyeongtaek metropolitan areas in South Korea. Camp Humphreys is home to Desiderio Army Airfield, the busiest U.S. Army airfield in Asia, with a 8,124-foot runway. In addition to the airfield, there are several U.S. Army direct support, transportation, and tactical units located there, including the Combat Aviation Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division. The garrison has an area of 3,454 acres and cost US$11 billion. Camp Humphreys is the largest U.S. overseas military base, housing some 500 buildings and amenities.

In 2004, an agreement was reached between the United States and South Korean governments to move all U.S. forces to garrisons south of the Han River and relocate the United States Forces Korea and United Nations Command Headquarters to Camp Humphreys. Those movements were expected to be completed by 2021 to transform Camp Humphreys into the largest U.S. Army garrison in Asia, but as of 2018 this has not yet happened. Under that plan, the 28,500 U.S. troop presence in South Korea will be consolidated by 2021 and United States Forces Korea will move from Yongsan Garrison in Seoul to Camp Humphreys. Camp Humphreys is 40 miles south of the former base in Seoul and about 60 miles from the Demilitarized Zone that divides North and South Korea. That puts the base about twice as far from North Korea as its predecessor, one of the main reasons for the move.[Wikipedia]

험프리스부대시설험프리스부대시설사진

By 2021, approximately 47,000 people will be living (USFK / USFK family / KATUSA / US civil servants / ROKAF / Ministry of Defense / Korean employees).

It is limited to accommodate all 46,000 people, including US military, US civil servants and their families, as residential facilities in the military base (40% resident inside camp) and the remaining 60% will live in outside the US Camp.

TOTAL

 

totalrealestate